Counseling for teens
As an individual and group therapist, I enjoy working with girls in middle school and high school. I specialize in working with highly anxious, perfectionistic teenage girls who are seem to be doing well, but are really having a tough time. These are the girls who have good grades and are involved in activities and leadership- but have a hard time loving themselves. Depression, anxiety, self-doubt, perfectionism, and comparison all make it difficult for high achieving teenagers to reach their full potential.
In individual or group therapy, your daughter will learn how to cope with difficult emotions, better manage stress, and increase her confidence. I believe strongly in the power of art, music, and poetry- and so these things are often integrated into counseling sessions with teens. Sandtray therapy is also a popular option with teenagers!
Are you wondering if counseling is the right next step for your teen? Ask yourself:
- Does my daughter seem to be more withdrawn than usual?
- Has she stopped enjoying the things she used to love?
- Is she having trouble academically, when that didn't use to be an issue?
- Does she avoid situations that make her feel anxious?
- Has she appeared overwhelmed with daily life?
If the answer to any of these questions is "yes," please don't hesitate to reach out. I would love to talk with you and your daughter about how counseling can help.